On the Road Again!!!! Well today was going to be one of our longest days on the road. I think it was going to be 6 and half hours but it may have turned into alot more. I woke up early because I was excited to see Sharon, Jim and Aunt Betty. Everyone else still slept. I really wanted to wake them up but knew it would make for a worse trip if everyone else was tired. Finally when they woke up we packed up, lugged all of our stuff back downstairs and then went and had the 'Continental' breakfast that was provided - cereal and toast. But it was better than a kick in the bum. We stopped at the shop for some fruit for the road and water in case the car overheated and we changed our DVD rental at the redbox. It is a box that you can find and most McDonalds or Walmarts around the country. You can rent from any redbox and return to any redbox which was great for us and the DVDs are only $1 per night.MOUNTAINS!!!! is the word for today. It was crazy, so many. The highest point we drove was 8000ft. We were driving on the side of mountains, through mountains and between mountains. There were alot of big birds (not sure what type) soaring above us and wild donkeys. We had not alot of rest stops and of course where else can you go to the toilet when you are busting in the desert. Leah thought it was hilarious. We stopped in a place called Lakeview for lunch and to stretch our legs and then got on the road again. Now Georgie Peach (our GPS) had done a great job up until then. But here is where she let us down big time!!! As we were going through Klamath Falls the last big town before Medford Oregon where we were stopping, I saw a sign saying Medford. Georgie Peach was leading us a different way. So Ward said we should follow her, she hadn't let us down before. Well she let us down this time. We went up a mountain and then of course we had to come back down the mountain. We stopped at a little General Store before we came back down. There was the new school Teacher buying food for dinner. I thought why would she buy food up here when Medford is so close. Well I soon found out. Scariest drive of my life. I am sure if I had have looked over the edge it would have been beautiful. At first Leah said 'this is like a ride at Disneyland' then she said 'this is worse than at Disneyland' and lastly she said 'what if we fell over the edge and died' - that didn't help much. Ward was awesome! Anyway eventually we made it to Medford. I was so excited to see Sharon and Jim and Aunt Betty.


Heheh....love Leah's comments re: possible sudden death over cliff. Kids say the darndest things!
ReplyDelete